Saturday, June 03, 2006


Road/Life Trip

I thought this past Memorial Day would be like every other that I have celebrated. I knew what I had to do on this day, which was to take part in a Summer Kickoff Party for the teenagers. The teens had the opportunity to swim and have a kickout, over at the Youngs. It was a great way to kick the summer off, and I am looking forward to what the summer has in store for the teens and myself. One of my favorite trips for the summer is Impact because I get to spend time with the some of my friends who I haven't seen in a while.

Remember when I said that I thought this Memorial Day would be like every other. Well, around 5:30 p.m., on Monday, I get a call from Jamin asking if I would be willing to take Anthony down to Orange Beach, Alabama for the Senior Trip. I had wanted to go in the first place, but in repeated attempts of asking Jamin if I could, I got "no" everytime. This was the Senior high group that I started with when I became an intern. This group is very special to me. So, when he called me, it did not take long for me to come to a conclusion. I left Monday night, and got there around 12:15 a.m., Tuesday Morning. I got to spend a couple of days with the Seniors, and it was fun. It has been a while since I have been to the beach. It was also the first time I got the opportunity to go to Lambert's, the "Home of Throwed Rolls." I made awesome catch. What was really weird about the whole Lambert experience, was that I ran into some teens that I was a volunteer youth worker for, in Murfreesboro, TN. Out of all the trips that we have taken, I have always thought it was possible to run into some people that I know, but once you do, it catches off guard because you never expect them to be there. I see the teens that I have been an influence for at Impact, but to see someone in Orange Beach, Alabama, is crazy. It just goes to show that it is a "small world".

So, I get back on Wednesday, and this journey that I have been on for the week is not over. I finally get to meet this girl who I have been communicating through MySpace, of all things. Remember the eHarmony thing? This is not like that. This girl goes to Vaughn Park. The only way I was going to get to meet this girl is if someone introduced me to her, and thanks to Ashley, this happened. Ashley also says that I should marry this girl. How awkward it was to have her walk up, and Clint pointing out that it was her. It didn't help the awkwardness, but we were both laughing at the whole thing. But what Clint did help ease the stress of the whole thing. When I meet her, she is just what I imagined her to be. She is very nice, and has a great personality. I am not trying to get my hopes up because I have been down this road before, only to have everything go wrong. So, I am taking my time, and trying to get to know her, and see where things go. This coming week, I am going to have the opportunity to see her at a camp, and get to know her more. I am looking forward to this, but also very nervous. I just got to be myself. This is going to come out one way or the other, so I thought I would give some details about this. This is as far as I will tell, so do not ask.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

i'm so proud of you! i wish you luck, and you deserve a good woman after all we have put you through.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

ummmm that jacuzzi pick is a little scary for me. it looks funny. a little too all up in thepersonal space for me....have fun at WIREGRASS!!!

Lerra said...

So have you picked out a ring yet? ;-)