Sunday, June 25, 2006


Running

As I was riding on the bus, returning from Impact, yesterday, I was thinking when is our next tire going to blow, or have I left a kid somewhere. Leaving the kid behind always freaks me out because I waiting for that day that I get a call from a teenager, saying you left me. That has yet to happen...knock on wood. Really what I was thinking about was I can not wait to get home to my bed, shower, and dare I say...my toilet.

Just a few days ago, I was running away from things that were going on in my life. I am here to say that I have resolved those issues. It felt good to get away and just be by myself, and hangout with other ministers that I do not see very often. I enjoyed being around the teens, but I love hanging out with Aiden. I love Aiden, and there are times that I am very protective of him. When I see some of the teens doing stupid stuff around him, it makes me nervous because I am afraid that they are going to hurt him. I am not protective to the point that I am his parent, I just care for him. He makes me smile, even though he is only smiling because I am giving him food. I enjoyed watching how Jamin and Ashley interacted with him because they are teaching him one simple thing called love.

One thing I learned about myself at Impact was that I am not the Youth Minister that everybody wants to hangout with. I have Jamin I hang out with, but I am not part the Middle Tennessee Youth Ministry Team, nor do I want to be. By being up there, I can see it from another prospective. There are a lot of youth ministers that I know who try, and want to be on the board of Impact, or youth events that go on there. There is more ministry than that. It was great to be around Jamin, Ashley, and Aiden. I really do feel like I am a part of their family. By the way, Jamin, thanks for bringing us brownies and ice cream. Who cares of you got talked about by the Impact board. Whooptie-do! I would have done the same thing.

Impact was great for our group, and it broke down some barriers that need to be broken. God did an amazing thing in our group, and I am very proud of the way the group acted.

2 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

omgah that was so sweet. shout to the hisout!!! I am glad you care ab aiden. he loves his uncle jonny! And he likes you other than the food part, too. thanks for looking out for him yo! you can be our adopted son if you want. its ok. we won't tell anyone. seriously though amen to the more than being ont he board part. fo real. there are wayyy too many politics going on up there and the funny part is those are all people i would prefer NOT to be associated with...see past post on name dropping...anyway, thanks agin for bringing the disk by today! you are sweet, man. we need to come up with our secret plan...if you dont know what im talking ab...ask me later...

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

ps our intern in college left three of my friends at the atl airport when we had gotten back from a jamaica trip. I kept telling him they werent with us but he kept insisting they were in another car. the only problem was that those three peple were the people i was closest to, so i knew they would have ridden with me. too bad he had to turn around and go get them as soon as we got back to au! haha.