Monday, September 17, 2007

So, this is It


So, this is it. Knowing that I am doing the right thing by moving to Tennessee, it is still hard to leave a place that has been home for the past 3 years. What a special day for me at Vaughn Park, this past Sunday. I knew it would be special because it was going to be my last, and I figured I would end it by where I started it. I sit with the teens, and I am glad I did. They are a special group of teens, and I am going to miss them dearly.

I never realized what an impact I made on the family at Vaughn Park. I knew that I was making a difference in the lives of teens, but making the difference in the lives of adults was something I never thought I would do, while I was here. One adult that I am thinking of is Mike Rogers. I will never forget this man. He treated me like I was his son. I knew that they would probably mention my name, and tell the congregation I was leaving, but another thing happened. Mike said some great things about me, and appreciate that, but I appreciate Mike even more. I care a lot about him because he took care of me. I am truly going to miss this man. It was great to get to talk to him Sunday, and let him know what I thought of him. He has been there when I have needed him most. I will never forget the times that he drove the teens to Houston, and back from Impact. When I was in charge of those trips, he made me feel comfortable, and he put a lot trust in what I was doing.

Vaughn Park is great place, and I have loved my time here. I will never forget the people that I have come in contact with. I will remember Jamin, Mitch, Denise, and Brad for the things they taught me. I will remember Ross Mitchell and the impact he had on my life.

I am extremely excited about the move. I am wanting to be closer to my family and friends. I want to find a different job. I look forward to the things that are ahead. Again, thanks for all you have done Vaughn Park. You will always be in my heart.

2 comments:

Lerra said...

We're gonna miss you! God is going to do great things with you in Tennessee. Don't forget us! :-)

Unknown said...

Hey man, we sure do miss you. It wasn't the same being at church today and not seeing you. I hope the move went good! Keep in touch!