Wednesday, April 05, 2006


Needs

Many of you know that my internship ends up in December. I know it is April, and I have 8 more months till I am in a new job. I have been deciding on rather I should go into full-time ministry. When I started, I never thought that it was possible to do what I have been doing for the past year, but God did. I have learn that he will guide and lead you, you just got to let him take control. So many times we think that we can handle everything, ourselves, but we can't. I found this out the hard way when I was first applying for internships. The other day I was praying that God would take control of job search that has begun. God is going to put me were he sees best. It is hard to think about doing ministry, somewhere else because I have spent my whole year learning to do ministry under Jamin. Just having to learn teen's names, all over, again, is one thing that I am not looking forward to, but it is like Jamin said the other day, "I have got to and do ministry, somewhere else." There are other teenagers who need know that God does love them, and that is what keeps me doing ministry. It is not about me, it is about sharing Jesus with others, and I have to keep on reminding myself of that. Also, I have got to remind myself that I am just an intern learning what it means to be youth minister, and the things that I learn, I will be able to use when I go into ministry.

Please be praying for the church that, Lord willing that I will be a minister to, and please praying for me as a minister, and for my job situation.

I have heard many times, from many people (Jamin included) that I need woman. I have heard it so many times from teenagers, as well. Well, I am here to tell you that I do. I am not ashamed of admitting it. I am looking forward to a day when I am not afraid to date, and when girls are not afraid of me. I do not see any reason why girls are afraid to get to know me. Why do girls think that going out as friends means dating. I think the first thing in a relationship is friendship, then a relationship. I have been so confused with this, since last Novemeber. I think of myself as I nice guy, but I just do not understand it. I know that God will provide someone, and it is on God's timing.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

yes, johnny, you need woman. CHECK YOUR SPELLING MISTAKES! you need an editor, seriously. you should get jamin to proofread your stuff before you send it out for your future bosses to read. anyway, that was a good, deep post. good luck with woman. i'm sure woman is waiting to find you as well. can't wait until the fireworks. ...? --lauren o

Jamin said...

Maybe we should start a dating game starring Jonathan and his lovable chia pet.

The ministry thing will take care of itself, just keep doing what you are doing. God is in control.