Wednesday, March 08, 2006


Image

I know that it is sad to have a picture of Richard Simmons on my blog. Now, can I use this guy as an example. He has the same last name as me, and he is not my cousin, thank God. Let's disspell that rumor, right now. I remember seeing this thing on TV, and I thought he was stupid. I can remember when Oprah did a interview with him. You may think that I am fanactic of him, but do not think that. I just think it is funny because he does have the same last name as me. There is only one thing that I agree with him on. He helped people who were over-weight, be happy again. Other than that, I disagree with about everything he did, or tried to do.

How many of you are not happy with who you are? A few years ago, this was not the case because I thought that I had to have a certain type of girl, or this body type. Yes, even guys struggle with that. I was listening to other people, than to God. I was not happy with myself, and I thought that other things could fill this happiness. I have changed since then. I changed my attitude on life when I went to college because I knew that people would accept me for who I am, and it did not matter what I did.

There is nothing better than God putting people in your life to make a difference. I pray that you are not allowing other people or things control your life. You will never find happiness in that. I have known a lot of people that try to find happiness in a beer bottle, and they are looking for something other than finding delight in God. Pray that God can fill the void in your life because it can make the biggest difference. You will even notice that are you are happier with your life.


2 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

Don't lie. Richard Simmons is totally your twin brother. However, I do agree with the whole people accepting you for who you are. I think even adults struggle with that from time to time! Thanks for the post.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

understand it? Is it complicated? (the artwork) or is it bc I explained it? I will paint you a portrait, Mr. Simmons. It will be a cross between Mr. Bean and Richard Simmons. A what if they mated kindof mix. You can hang it in your office.