Thursday, March 09, 2006


Mad About You

I have had professors try to teach leadership, and the key word is try. I had one professor tell me that I had to be up-front and out-spoken to be a leader. I disagree with this. Most leaders you will find leading a country, and doing all these wonderful things that puts them in front people. A lot of people try to show leadership because they want power and recognition.
I always joke with Jamin that when he gives me the credit card, I have the power and recognition, even if it is for a day or two.

A lot you know what my leadership style is. I am not going to be the who impresses you by being up-front. I have ran across a lot interns who believe that being a leader you have to be up-front and out-spoken. I had people tell me that for me to be a better intern, I had change my attitude, and how I approached the internship. I have learned leadership by putting myself into a position were I can impact teenagers. Leadership is not being the showy type, it is about impacting someone's life. But how do you impact someone's life? It is about doing the ordinary things that turn into exraordinary. Just being there for someone is a great way to show leadership.

Having Jamin here is great, and I have learned a lot from him, but I like it when he goes out of town, and allows me to lead things. I get that opportunity when he is here, but if I am going to do ministry, I have got to learn by giving him a break.
That is what I am here for. I am here to help him out when I need to, and want to. Leaders have the desire to help people out, and that is were they get their motivation. I am very blessed to have the opportunity to do that. I have learned from him what I need to do to make activities run smoothly. I do make mistakes, and learn from them, and that is the only way that I am going to learn is just having this not afraid attitude. If there are people out there telling you that you need to have a out-going approach to leadership, do not listen to them because you can be a leader, just by being who you are, and people will respect you more because of it.


No comments: